Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Patrick Swayze's widow talks about his death

Patrick Swayze wearing Serengeti style sunglasses

The death of Patrick Swayze may have shell-shocked fans, but the pain was far worse for Lisa Niemi - his wife of thirty four years.

During a talk at Women’s Conference 2009 Lisa Niemi said, ‘I am so grateful for what I had and my connection to him, and part of me believes that I will see him again, and I’m just going to have to go on until then’

Recalling how she told Patrick Swayze she loved him over and over in the weeks before his death, Lisa Niemi said she still fears it wasn’t enough. ‘I’ve spent two thirds of my life with him; my regret is that I didn’t tell him that I loved him enough over that entire thirty four years’. She even helped him to finish his autobiography - The Time of My Life - during his last few months.

The couple didn’t have any children, but counted the horses and dogs on their New Mexico home as the closest members of their family. ‘Loss is like an animal all its own’ she said, adding that ‘When the grief takes you, it’s like your body isn’t your own. I’m just going with the flow. I know I have to go through it’.

Following her husband's death on September 14 from pancreatic cancer, Lisa Niemi added ‘I was in the middle of a full-blown panic attack one evening, and I picked up the phone to call a friend, which is really hard for me to do because I’m used to being so self sufficient and taking care of myself. But the very act of picking up the phone to call someone helped to calm me’.

The Women's Conference 2009, the most inspirational women's event of the year and inspires, empowers and educates women to be Architects of Change in their own lives and in the lives of others. Serengeti collection - Serengeti Mare

Serengeti collection - Serengeti Mare

Serengeti

Serengeti Mare Sunglasses is part of the Polar PhD Series and feature the newest evolution of polarised and chromatic lens technology today.


Blog from Sunglasses Shop

Our Forum for questions
and celebrity chat

Our daily
celebrity sunglasses


Buy Designer Sunglasses from
Sunglasses Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...